[Cialug] Rhel 7 Selinux settings for Root user

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Tue Aug 15 14:58:27 UTC 2017

I've never seen SELinux interfere with yum before. Is your Python
installation OK? Do you have multiple Pythons by any chance? I'm curious
whether yum runs the same Python that when when you run Python directly.
Can you provide output from these?
    # ls -l $(which yum)
    # head -n 1 $(which yum)
    # which python

Please note that on RHEL 7, /bin is just a symlink to /usr/bin, so if
you see /bin/python and /usr/bin/python they should be the same. You can
confirm that with:
    # ls -ld /bin