[Cialug] Rhel 7 Selinux settings for Root user

kslaugh19 kslaugh19 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 14:27:49 UTC 2017

In Rhel 7, we continue to receive permission denied when logged in as Root on a console with selinux enforced.
If I run the yum command as Root, not sudoing as Root, I get a python error. If I run the same yum command but first call the program python, yum works. Any ideas on what sebool needs enabled so that root can run scripts or programs without having to call the program first?
Setting selinux as permissive works but not an option.
Any ideas?
I've ran the command setsebool and tried to locate any sebool setting and toggled quite a bit without any luck.
Thanks
Rabid_Gerbil
Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone