[Cialug] Email server

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Sat Apr 29 13:26:44 CDT 2017

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 01:14:11PM -0500, Jim Cole wrote:
> I've also heard bad things about them.

I have a mix of VPS and colo, including a $1 ChicagoVPS server.  For $1
I entered the situation expecting nothing that wasn't totally automated
(e.g. no customer support), and a heavily oversold VPS.  That's what I
got, and for $1/mo I'm really happy with it.  It slots in nicely to my
setup and is a good deal for what it does.

> I mainly go for dedicated servers

> My main choice is OVH.

> I currently have a OVH box that I love..E5-1620 v2, 64GBs of ram, 4x2TB
> drives on a Gbit pipe for $40/month.

Wow, that's awesome.  That's a dedicated server?  How can they make
money on that?

Nicolai