[Cialug] Programming languages: next 10 yrs

Scott Yates Scott at yatesframe.com
Tue Apr 25 15:16:49 CDT 2017

I would have to second the C# comment.  The language is really doing great
things and still growing.  Now that it is almost entirely open source, it
is really gaining traction in other areas as well.

On a side note, I would REALLY like to see Ruby get some speed
improvements, as the language is REALLY clean and can lead so very elegant
code.

These two links show a possible path:
Crystal Language <https://crystal-lang.org/> (Fast as C, Clean as Ruby)
a-rubyist-looks-at-crystal