[Cialug] Hosting

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Oct 28 19:30:34 CDT 2016

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, Paul Gray wrote:

> Support (in my own biased definition) isn't "here's how you do
> iptables," it's "fix your BGP config because your route announcements
> are borked and my system isn't receiving any traffic."

This is a lot simpler than that - basic e-commerce site; had to fix the
current provider's problems more than once myself.

> Those are the support responses that you want to be prompt and accurate.
>
> Do they respond with a totally useless "have you tried rebooting?" or do
> they fix the dang problem.

IME, it's just about impossible to get to the supper tier above that,
hence my reply.

There are some cheap folks (DreahMost, CloudSigna), .. GC is $128, ..
don't know about Amazon or CentryLink.

	Lee