[Cialug] Hosting

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Fri Oct 28 19:24:38 CDT 2016

On 10/28/2016 07:16 PM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Oct 201
>> Please choose 2:
>>
>> (2) Cheap
>> (1) Reliable
>> (3) Prompt and accurate support response.
>>
> IME, support is pretty worthless, it';s more productive to solve the
> problems yourself.

Support (in my own biased definition) isn't "here's how you do
iptables," it's "fix your BGP config because your route announcements
are borked and my system isn't receiving any traffic."

Those are the support responses that you want to be prompt and accurate.

Do they respond with a totally useless "have you tried rebooting?" or do
they fix the dang problem.

-Paul