[Cialug] Landscape of SQL servers

Kyle Hamilton khamil8686 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:42:21 CDT 2016

Ok, I will rephrase my question. I'm a nerd with a brain injury from a
car accident. I did great in school but my social skills need a boost
sometimes. :) Anyways! ...

   I have many applications running, and each requires a database
backend. Mainly mariadb and mysql. Currently, we have one massive
database filled with older information. We are setting up new
applications to use their own instances of mariadb.

   I'd like to make regular backups of the databases we have out there.
Is it better for me to write scripts to make backups of all the
databases, or is there a commercial tool out there that will
automagically do this for me?

Thank you,

Kyle