[Cialug] Laptop recommendation

Todd Pierce toddcpierce at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 10:39:53 CDT 2016

My HP Probook 4520s has been working out perfectly (Ubuntu 16.04 server).
Other people have had problems with the trackpad but mine works perfectly.
What was curious to me was that even the little SD card slot worked and
that there were virtualization options.. at least enough to support Android
Studio.

There was that problem with the keyboard being mismapped, but as you guys
know, that is just because I am a newbie and a retard.

Yes, it is an old machine, but hey, it cost 125 bucks and it was customized
with SSD instead of a disk.  Also nice about older machines is that when
your drunk friend punches the screen out it only takes fifty bucks to
repair!  (which he paid, by the way)