[Cialug] Apache2 & systemd

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue May 24 12:31:14 CDT 2016

On Tue, 24 May 2016, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:

> "SSLEngine on" seems to be the critical piece.

Agreed, .. but that is only valid in the VH config; SSL must be enabled
globally (i.e. in Apache global configuration) for it to be available.

> I mostly administer Red Hat machines; the mod_ssl package installs the
> necessary configuration as /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf.

Thanks for the hint, .. it looks like the ssl module was not enable on the
server (OpenSuSE), so forcing it with -D SSL in the init.d script was the
only way to start it.

Life is sometimes interesting when inheriting servers <g>!

	TFTR!

	Lee