[Cialug] Ubuntu server name resolution!

Tom Sellers tsellers2009 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 22:39:44 CDT 2016

After returning from being out this evening I tried adding the "nameserver
8.8.8.8" entry to the bottom of the interfaces file.  After rebooting I was
still not able to ping any outside location by name such as www.google.com.
It does not appear to work as described.

My first couple of attempts to replace the drive with a larger one were
with Clonzilla.  Both failed.  Neither would boot.  The first came up with
a display message of grub rescue and the second would not boot at all.