[Cialug] Free Academic License... Not..

Todd Pierce toddcpierce at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 09:59:45 CDT 2016

Crew,

Excellent job helping me work through my options.  I couldn't agree more on
the general nature of non-profits wanting you to be a total slave for
pennies.  I forgot to mention that I'm in Tulsa, by the way.  This means
that options are very limited in the for-profit sector (manufacture meth)
as well as in the non-profits (masturbate with bibles).

I'm still contemplating what to do, but in the meantime, their 7,615
pathway/genome database dumps are free (will probably have to write a MySQL
loader), and if I need the diagram of a pathway, I can have the program go
out on the Web and grab it.  The diagrams are truly absurd, by the way.  An
example of one is here
<http://biocyc.org/ECOLI/new-image?type=PATHWAY&object=TCA&detail-level=2&url=http://bioinformatics.ai.sri.com/ptools/ecoli-expr-example.txt&expressiontype=relative&numcolumns=1&column1=18&log=on&class=gene&color=Default&omicsPopups=on>
.

So, just yell if anybody is part of a bioinformatics non-profit.  I'll be
scheming (and coding) here in Tulsa.

-Todd