[Cialug] Cable Modems

Scott Prader rigrunn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 14:19:33 CST 2016

If I wanted to be sure of the conversation between the cable modem and my
linux system was about, I would employ tcpdump in the following fashion,
assuming that eth0 is the ethernet device connected to the cable modem:

$ sudo tcpdump -vv -i eth0

This should yield some clue as to what's going on.  I'd try it with both
modems to see what the difference is.

Good luck,
Scott