[Cialug] HP Probook 4520s Keyboard

jim kraai jimgkraai at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 15:14:43 CDT 2016

See Boris' answer for behavior that matches what you're seeing which
confirms English/int'l layout which I see you actually said in your initial
query
http://askubuntu.com/questions/358/how-can-i-type-accentuated-characters-like-%C3%AB

Done sudo voodoo yet for English/US ?
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup

I'll guess there are 17 other, better ways to make that change permanent.