[Cialug] cant get printer to work

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Aug 22 17:02:53 CDT 2016

I had an older version of that same printer and had a very similar problem. Turned out it was hardware. It would print exactly one page and then I’d have  to turn it off, delete the job, wait a min, turn it on and then it could print exactly one more page. It worked fine for years and the toner price was very reasonable, but one day it just stopped working.

You can test if it’s a Linux specific problem by booting into another OS if you have one available. In my case I had the same behavior in any OS.
--
Matthew Nuzum