[Cialug] Get it in writing

Nicholas Olson nicholas.olson83 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 02:52:01 CDT 2016

I think it's a fairly good idea to get things in writing ( not chat logs)
no matter which company you deal with. I recently moved into the boonies,
and my only viable option for internet is through Windstream. I was
promised free installation and waived activation, though both showed up on
the first bill. The billing rep claimed neither of those were possible,
though after I raised a fuss, they agreed to $20 off per month for a year.
In the end this ends up the better deal by a bit, but it's still very
annoying to have to spend the time fighting for what was promised. I have
chat logs from the original sales rep saved too, as their online system
emails them to you afterwards, though it didn't seem to help.

As for the service itself, I wasn't expecting much given Windstream's
horrible reputation, but it hasn't been as bad as I imagined. If I'm lucky
I get 10down/.5 up, which is a far cry from the 50/5 I had in the city
limits, but still usable. I haven't seen the sub 1MB speeds or daily
outages either which are littered through the many one star reviews on
ConsumerReport and DSL report. Knock on wood.

Nick