[Cialug] RPi LibreOffice PDF copy/paste Question (rant)

Todd Pierce toddcpierce at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 16:16:30 CDT 2016

Crew,

So, very kind that xPDF is included with the RPi installation, but it is
just a picture viewer.  You can't copy and paste text from it, which
violates the whole point of PDFs.

I can forgive that.  I Install LibreOffice.

LibreOffice turns PDFs into... something unreadable to mankind.  All advice
on Internet seems to champion the ability of LO Draw to open PDFs... which
is just opening a picture again (and doesn't work anyway).

I'm dreadfully sorry to bother you Iowans with this stuff, but sometimes
the rest of the planet is just not on task (which would include Oklahoma
this time... I left New Mexico)..

Just to keep things interesting, the RPi is not online (so not even a
system clock!) so if there is a solution to being able to copy and paste
text from a PDF I would hope it's sneaker-nettable.

Sincerely,

-Todd