[Cialug] Best practices for isolating Wordpress sites

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Oct 15 13:53:33 CDT 2015

I've been managing virtual hosting for quite a while. I'm teaching a class
on web development* and want to make it easy for the students to set up a
Wordpress site.

There are some nasty plugins and themes out there and of course newbies are
going to find them.

How do hosting companies isolate sites so that PHP files in one site can't
mess up files in another site? I've got a few ideas (starting with FastCGI)
but they get complicated as they make the jump from the brain to the
keyboard.

* I'll be running another class or two - one will be online in the
evenings, the other will be in-person. You can see details for the class
here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/learn-professional-web-development-html-wordpress-and-photoshop-tickets-18674915174?discount=webgeek>.
E-mail me and I'll notify you when the next class runs.
--
Matthew Nuzum