[Cialug] Ubuntu 14.04 & dnsmasq

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue May 26 13:24:19 CDT 2015

Regarding adding settings to resolv.conf, are you running into the
perennial resolvconf problem? If so, the way to have your changes persist
through a reboot is listed here: http://askubuntu.com/a/51332

As far as your primary problem with dnsmasq, I don't know what would cause
that, but dnsmasq has always worked very well for me. It does aggressively
cache lookups, so maybe if your upstream DNS returns a bad lookup then it's
getting cached.

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 11:29 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> One of my netbooks has 14.04, and it apparently installs dnsmasq by
> default. Unfortunately, it keeps failing - I noticed the problem
> a few weeks ago when it stopped resolving paypal.com.
>
> Has anyone seen this sort of issue? Suggestion to resolve? I tried just
> setting resolv.conf to a decent DNS server, but it's gets rewritten on
> every boot.
>
>         TIA!
>
>         Lee

Matthew Nuzum