[Cialug] mysql ssd

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Tue Jul 14 07:30:06 CDT 2015

I've been thinking more about this.  I think I'm not going to
virtualize it.  I've decided that probably the way best to do it is to
setup two raid arrays. One array will consist of mechanical drives and
one of ssd drives.  I'll run the OS from the mechanical drives and
then use mysql folder for the SSD mount point. Then I'll go ahead and
set up a temp drive in ram and use that for the mysql tmp directory.
That should eliminate all the log file and tmp writes to the ssd
drives.