[Cialug] logrotation help for RHEL 6

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Tue Jan 27 13:25:05 CST 2015

I've never set up log rotation specifying both a period ("daily") and a
size ("size 512M"). Normally one specifies either a period (such as
daily) or a maximum size, but not both.

>From the logrotate.conf(8) on an RHEL6 box: "Log files are rotated only
if they grow bigger then size bytes." So i think if you specify a size
that the logs won't rotate until they grow large enough.