[Cialug] Bypassing the Network on Boot

Todd Pierce toddcpierce at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 17:04:58 CST 2015

Crew,

Being on topic (for once) I'm running into an issue with a laptop with
Ubuntu server installed.  The weird part, is that I set it up for a client
and she ended up giving it to me now that she's done with it.

However, it doesn't want to boot with no network plugged in.  It gets to
the point where it's "configuring network devices" and it doesn't want to
go any further.

It doesn't have wireless capability.

Is there a quick fix to be able to use it until I get around to
re-installing linux?  (sorry, I'm not exactly a linux administrator... )

Any ideas appreciated.

-Todd