[Cialug] Remedies for Verizon Behaving Badly?

jim kraai jimgkraai at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 22:48:04 CST 2015

I admire your faith in their apparent good faith efforts, but I've been
around long enough to know that it's only a matter of time before they turn
their backs on whatever damage control PR rhetoric was trotted out today
because it's just too profitable to ignore.

We found another vpn provider that works better with verizon's service. Our
family smart-phones are now on the internet only via vpn.  That should
nullify carrier http traffic manipulation. The trade-offs over vanilla
carrier internet access are battery life and additional cost.

I think I can trust the longer term profit motives of vpn providers--if
they're caught doing what the big carriers are doing, then they go belly
up.  If/when the big carriers are caught misbehaving again, nothing happens
to their bottom line.