[Cialug] The systemd Init System

Todd E Thomas todd.dsm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 14:38:39 CST 2015

+1 'rndc status'

It's a great tool and will be around until the isc.org people replace it;
and more appropriate. However, it's an interesting question.

I'd need to setup a DNS server and diddle with journald
<https://fedoramagazine.org/systemd-using-journal/> (see the -o switch) to
see what specifics it can cull from the chaos; I find this line interesting:
MESSAGE=DHCPREQUEST on wlp2s0 to 192.168.1.254 port 67 (xid=0x6c674a2a)

Lines like that (from a bind perspective) might be used for counting
connections (with wc -l for example) but at that point, rndc is already
doing the counting for you :-)

​TT