[Cialug] Google Chrome on Debian

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Aug 25 11:36:01 CDT 2015

Chrome includes Flash built in, which is both a blessing and a curse. I
have flash disabled unless I click to enable it. I did this in Settings ->
Content -> scroll down to plugins and then check "let me choose…"

This has helped my computer immensely, though it's been a long time since
I've had a crash. It has helped my cpu and battery usage a lot.

If this helps you then it may be a problem with a plugin, not the browser,
and the most troublesome plugin I've used is Flash.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Daniel A. Ramaley <
daniel.ramaley at drake.edu> wrote:

> So, i have 2 Debian machines set up almost the same (one at home, one at
> work). Both have Chrome installed. At home, Chrome works beautifully. At
> work, it does an excellent job of crashing.
>
> Right now i'm open to ideas for where else i can look for relevant
> differences. I already tried searching for Chrome-related configuration
> in my home directory (and if i recall correctly, most of it was in
> ~/.config/google-chrome). Are there any other places i might have
> missed? I do not use Chrome as my primary browser, but sometimes it is
> nice to have an extra browser for testing.
>
> On 2015-08-14 at 15:10:51 David Champion wrote:
> > "aaaargh"
> >
> > -dc
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 3:03 PM, kristau <kristau at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I'm running Debian 8 (according to /etc/debian_version), and I just
> > > installed Chrome. I'm typing this message using Chrome right now and
> > > having no issues so far. . .

> __
> Daniel A. Ramaley  |  Network Engineer 2
> Drake Technology Services (DTS) | Drake University
>
> T: +1 515 271-4540
> F: +1 515 271-1938
> E: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu

Matthew Nuzum