[Cialug] SciFi Movie Night!

Aaron Staker Aaron.Staker at meredith.com
Wed Aug 5 09:11:32 CDT 2015

Ready Player One is "ok", his new work Armada is pretty terrible an homage to the Last Star Fighter and I'd avoid it like the plague (as much as I love the 80's). Maybe I just couldn't accept it was supposed to be clichéd for a reason...

If you really want to get into something this year a couple recommendations:

Aurora by Kim Stanley Robinson, Seveneves by Neal Stephenson and of course The Martian by Andy Weir, if you haven't touched any of these I'd recommend all of them without a second thought.  The Martian being the easiest to tackle and perhaps the best love letter to Mars I've ever read.  Aurora and Seveneves are much deeper and worth the effort.  The reviews on all of these out there should be more than motivating...

Cheers...