[Cialug] Shellshock Bash Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

Scott Yates Scott at yatesframe.com
Thu Sep 25 12:48:55 CDT 2014

Will, Thanks, I read that too, but I don't understand how you would coax
bash to set an environment variable from that.  Is it a string mis-parsing
issue somehow?  I mean, how the heck (miss spelled that as hack originally.
 lol) would you pass the string to bash in the first place?  Sorry if I am
still being dense, but at least with heartbleed I could see the remote
vector.