[Cialug] Shellshock Bash Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

Will staticphantom at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 12:43:25 CDT 2014

Well the one thing that I read involved something with DHCP clients can
kick off code seems to be the closest to remote code injection. For systems
that allow a large user base that does not have root privileges may allow
those users execute code with root privileges where otherwise they are
restricted.

Certain practices for working with software that requires a separate user
account (some people do this with databases or svn for example) are
susceptible for having the remote services execute remote shell commands.

At least that is my understanding.

-Will C