[Cialug] good linux distro for web dev?

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Tue Sep 2 10:18:26 CDT 2014

Ah, i missed that part earlier in the conversation. If you are just
running Linux as a VM then it would make sense just to SSH into it and
use Windows as your window manager.

I wouldn't duel boot either. Been there, done that, now i spell it
"duel" instead of "dual".

On 2014-09-02 at 09:43:31 Brett Neese wrote:
> because i'm running it in a virtual machine.
>
> and no, i won't dual boot.
>
> Brett Neese
> 563-210-3459
>

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Daniel A. Ramaley
> <daniel.ramaley at drake.edu>
> wrote:
> > Why would you be already using RAM and CPU to run Windows? When i do
> > web development Windows certainly isn't involved.
> >
> > And Sublime is still available for Linux, as far as i know. I almost
> > bought a copy until i realized it isn't feature-complete (no
> > printing
> > support). I still check in on it every 6 months or so though.
__
Daniel A. Ramaley  |  Network Engineer 2
Drake Technology Services (DTS) | Drake University

T: +1 515 271-4540
F: +1 515 271-1938
E: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu