[Cialug] good linux distro for web dev?

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Tue Sep 2 09:25:37 CDT 2014

Why would you be already using RAM and CPU to run Windows? When i do web
development Windows certainly isn't involved.

And Sublime is still available for Linux, as far as i know. I almost
bought a copy until i realized it isn't feature-complete (no printing
support). I still check in on it every 6 months or so though.

On 2014-08-29 at 11:32:50 Scott Yates wrote:
> Personally I would stick with a server (no GUI) linux install and use
> windows as the "window manager".
>
> You can get a ssh shell into your linux vm, and edit files in Sublime
> for instance.
>
> The point being:  You are already using the ram and cpu to run
> windows, so make the most of it.
__
Daniel A. Ramaley  |  Network Engineer 2
Drake Technology Services (DTS) | Drake University

T: +1 515 271-4540
F: +1 515 271-1938
E: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu