[Cialug] Remedies for Verizon Behaving Badly?

Matt matt at itwannabe.com
Wed Nov 5 14:13:08 CST 2014

Have you tried setting up OpenVPN to use TCP instead of UDP?  You aren't really supposed to use TCP for encapsulating TCP (it screws up the adaptive bandwidth speed algorithms that TCP uses to deal with current and prevent future congestion issues in certain situations), but can be used in a pinch when you aren't dealing with an oversold pipe.  I have a normal UDP VPN on one VPS for normal use and a TCP VPN using the HTTPS port on another VPS to use when a network's firewall is trying to block my use of a VPN.

-- Matt (N0BOX)

Sent from my iPod Touch 5G