[Cialug] lubuntu 14.04 comments

Ralph Kessel ralphkessel75 at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 16:18:09 CDT 2014

I know I'm first class doofus but I think I've finally installed a stable version of this distro. It does break easily if you are not care and since I'm cognitively impaired, it was inevitable that I would have to start over.  The up side is that this release is truly lite on it's feet and and is open to most but not all aps--that was what is was designed for. So I can't throw rocks and I happy that when I press and key there is something like immediate respnse.   I recognize that there is no perfect fit but I'm pretty happy now with this distro.  Again I'm happy to get away from unit which was a dog for smaller and older machines.   Also I  know I'm not dealing with latest software in this distro but it is adequate for my purposes as long as I am careful as to what I install.  Hard lesson to learn is that a rank novice can make so many stupid mistakes.  I admit it and learn by doing. Thanks again for your help
Ralph Kessel