[Cialug] How do I get better performance with Ubunt(13.10)

Ralph Kessel ralphkessel75 at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 20:40:08 CDT 2014

I currently have Ubuntu 13.10 on my Dell laptop. I'm trying to boost the performance of the os with out too much success.  I have removed bleachbit as a major performance and security problem.  I have googled the internet for possible help.   I'm considering installing a new release as this one blows.  I've even installed a new release of chromium as I have some problems with firefox.  The big issue is that I'm sending this from my windows laptop and it's performance is acceptable.   I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thank you
Ralph Kessel