[Cialug] Free Web Space?

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Mar 17 16:50:55 CDT 2014

Hi, I did a review of a few different options on my website, if you'd like
some detailed comparisons:
http://www.bearfruit.org/2013/04/12/free-webhosting-for-geeks-five-options-reviewed/

My post is for geeky solutions, so some items that aren't on that list are
Dropbox, Blogger and Google Pages, which are excellent choices.

The big problem with Dropbox is that it's quite easy to run out of
Bandwidth if your content gets popular (but it sure is easy). Google Pages
gives you a nice WYSIWYG interface. Blogger is the easiest of these three
to use, but you'll end up with a website that looks like a Blog, which may
or may not be OK with you. It provides good analytics, tons of storage and
I've never heard of anyone running out of Bandwidth.

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Todd Pierce <toddcpierce at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'd hate to be off topic again, but you do tend to know more than anything
> about these crazy situations I get myself into.
>
> You see, I've got this client who was illegally cleaned out for millions of
> dollars by various government and corporate entities.  These things happen
> routinely out here in the corrupt Wild West (New Mexico).  It is my job to
> post documents like forged powers of attorney, corrupt judges' financial
> records and some court proceedings on the Web before these people get
> around to actually murdering the client.
>
> The problem here being (in addition to possibly getting murdered soon), the
> client doesn't have any money to spend on Web space anymore.
>
> I've had some minor dealings with Facebook and MySpace but in my experience
> their format isn't the greatest for, say, posting an (html) explanation of
> what actually happened with this person along with links to the PDF and DOC
> files detailing all that.
>
> Is there some organization which offers even the smallest amount of free
> Web space where this could be posted?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> -Todd