[Cialug] Wi-fi recommendations

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 14:01:59 CDT 2014

That is a concern. I usually have it running behind NAT, and I don't allow
remote admin on the WAN port. Also turn off UPnP on all of your modem /
routers.

In any case, I'm pretty sure it's more secure than the stock firmware. For
instance, I've seen some of the SOHO routers that you can't disable WPS,
and the routers are under constant brute-force attack by someone. Another
had an option to disable WPS, but wouldn't allow you to do it while there
was an outstanding WPS request.

-dc