[Cialug] Troubleshooting WiFi

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 08:25:37 CDT 2014

I may not be much help here, but maybe my questions and comments will spark
the discussion:

- Are you using the Network Manager GUI, or trying to connect with
wpasupplicant?
- In the past, I've had to use command line wpasupplicant to get WPA to
work successfully. I've not had to do that recently.
- I know it is a silly question, but have you applied all of the latest
updates to SuSE13.1? They might have fixed a bug. . .

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 8:15 AM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> Happened to take a newer netbook with SuSE 13.1 to a friends over the
> weekend, .. and it refused to connect to his old dLink AP usingWPA - it
> would show that AP name for less than a second, then blank.
>
> Any suggestion on why, how to troubleshoot, or a way to force a
> connection?
>
>         Thanks!
>
>         Lee

Tired programmer