[Cialug] CentOS 7

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Wed Jul 9 08:57:10 CDT 2014

Replacing relatively short commands with longer ones is not the Unix
way. They should be going the other direction... "svc net stat" to get
network status or "svc net re" to restart the network is surely just as
obvious in intention as classic commands such as "ls".

On 2014-07-08 at 17:15:05 David Champion wrote:
> I've installed a test vm of CentOS 7. Will let you know if I find
> anything funny.
>
> Still not a fan of the way RH/CentOS wants to rename eth0 to enp<some
> random crap>, and replacing simple commands like "service network
> status" with "systemctl status network.service", how is this better?
> *shakes fist* "get off my yard".
>
> -dc
__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 122, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu