[Cialug] Fwd: Cooked and ready for vBeers

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 17:20:54 CST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "jim kraai" <jimgkraai at gmail.com>
Date: Jan 30, 2014 3:10 PM
Subject: Cooked and ready for vBeers
To: <kristau at gmail.com>

I improv cook everything, nothing's the same twice, so here's what I made
for tonight if anyone asks

Into crock pot:
6 chicken breasts, 1" cubed
1/4 cup olive oil--I'd leave this out next time
1/4 cup lemon juice or real lemon
1 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp chicken base
1/2 tsp bacon base
(most people would want a tsp of red chili flakes, also)

mix thoroughly and let sit for half hour

Add:
6 oz bbq sauce
6 oz cheap grape jelly

mix thoroughly and cook, low, 3 hours until chicken done. It will be very
runny from the liquid that cooks out of the chicken

Empty crock pot into separate bowl. With slotted spoon, put chicken back
into crock pot

To crock pot, add:
chicken from bowl
remaining (12+ oz) bbq sauce
remaining (12+ oz) cheap grape jelly

Put crock pot on low, uncovered, stir every ten minutes until jelly has
dissolved

Optional (which I did) while crock pot is warming up:
In wide pot, over medium heat, reduce liquid from the bowl to similar
consistency of the sauces in crock pot--remember that the cooked sauce has
the extra flavor from the spices and meat bases

Serve