[Cialug] Routing Weirdness

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Jan 29 12:54:09 CST 2014

> Are you sure the VPN router is configured to prefer the non-VPN link for
> non-VPN traffic? If the two routes were configured with equal priority
> the expected behavior would be exactly as you describe some traffic
> routes directly, some goes across the VPN.

Actually, that is the exact problem! The RVN042 does not have a way to set
weights on a static route, .. however there is another config setting I
just found for "Dual WAN" that has two options:

 * Smart Link Backup
 * Load Balance (Auto Mode)

Load Balance is the default, however if I change it to Smart Link Backup,
the static route breaks, and traffic is not routed over WAN2 at all
(until, I suppose, WAN1 goes down)!

Any suggestions for a way to resolved?

	Thanks!

	Lee