[Cialug] VM Server

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Jan 20 14:02:14 CST 2014

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014, Scott Yates wrote:

> Going to go ahead and put my 2c in for ProxMox.  It is VERY easy to set up
> and run.  The web gui is clean and speedy, and you can still do the more
> advanced operations like moving a live/running image from one machine to
> another without even losing a ping.
>
> It's very nice stuff, free, and seems to be very solid.

Ahh, .. this is NOT a free project; the minimum cost is #4.16/month:

	http://www.proxmox.com/proxmox-ve/pricing

The have an OS codebase, .. but the system itself asks for a subscription
(a la sharewaer).

If you want a commercial product, go for it; if you want Open Source,
stick with Xen or KVM with your favorite distro.

	Lee