[Cialug] VM Server

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 13:56:33 CST 2014

Are VM clients portable between ProxMox and KVM? Or once you go with
ProxMox, are you locked into them?

For my personal server, I don't really need the advanced features. I'm
mostly looking for the ability to run multiple compartmentalized VM's on
the same server, and to do snapshot style backups.

I did install CentOS 6.5 to a USB flash drive yesterday, and got kvm and
libvirt installed on it, still has plenty of space left on the 4gb flash
drive, but I'll probably get a larger USB flash drive before I deploy it
anyway.

Here's a benchmark comparing KVM to Xen. Seems the KVM does have better
performance.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel_haswell_virtualization&num=1

-dc