[Cialug] System overriding fstab options on system reboot.

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Tue Feb 25 00:57:28 CST 2014

On Feb 24, 2014, at 7:21 PM, aaron <ampilgrim85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that FUSE is the default, even though when I run modprobe ntfs, the module is loaded, but the issue still persists.
> FUSE is the default and the options as it seams are hard coded into FUSE.

Are you sure the kernel NTFS driver supports quotas and the like? Last time I checked it didn’t even have full read-write support.

Unsupported mount options are often just silently ignored (other than maybe a message in the kernel log).

In terms of FUSE being the default, my guess is FUSE NTFS installed a /sbin/mount.ntfs binary. If such a binary exists the standard `mount` utility defers to it rather than executing the system mount() call directly — rename it to mount.nfts-fuse to avoid the issue, and then use the filesystem type ntfs-fuse if you want to force use of the FUSE mounting utility.

	Zach