[Cialug] Requesting Router Recommendations

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 17:20:43 CST 2014

We obviously have a different perspective on things...

Yes, most combo modem / router devices are not great. They are not all the
same, though.

I'd be ecstatic if I could get an inexpensive router with WiFi that had a
DSL chip, and ran on an OSS firmware. Also if it could poop rainbows.

The vendor supplied firmware on modems is usually much better than what
most consumers get on the modems supplied by large ISP's.

-dc