[Cialug] Requesting Router Recommendations

Scott Yates Scott at yatesframe.com
Thu Dec 18 17:11:00 CST 2014

I should clarify:  All ISP supplied cable modem/dsl modems have been crap.

Third party routers are a different story largely.  Linksys still sucks
though.

Actiontec, Cisco (older model), RCA, Linksys and plenty of others just
can't seem to stay running more than a week or two at a time in my
environment.

The best results seem to be when you can get a single-purpose modem-only
unit, and pipe that directly into a computer running pfsense or some other
decent router.