[Cialug] Bitcoin mining

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Dec 11 11:29:50 CST 2014

> On Dec 11, 2014, at 11:14 AM, Lee Henderson <leemhenderson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As I haven't purchased or researched new miners in months (that might as
> well be years in the Bitocin world) I won't give any recommendations on
> what to buy.Though even a 1 TH/s miner would yield little profitability
> under current conditions. The difficulty is simply too high, the BTC price
> is too low and power costs catch up quick.
>
> Here is the most realistic calculator I've personally used.
> https://tradeblock.com/mining/

Yet another case where time-travel would be awesome. :-)

Though your comment about free electricity makes me think of an idea I've been working on where house-hold waste could be used to power an electrical generator. (no, not a Mr. Fusion) However, my idea involves creating ethanol which, as it turns out, is heavily regulated for some crazy reason.
--
Matthew Nuzum