[Cialug] good linux distro for web dev?

Brett Neese brett at brettneese.com
Fri Aug 29 10:06:34 CDT 2014

hey folks,

i recently replaced my MBA with a Surface (gasp) which I actually love
(gasp gasp).

however, i can't do web development the way i'm used to in a no-*nix
environment, so I'm looking to get a Linux box running in a Virtualbox.

what are your recommendations? my instinct was to just use Ubuntu, but I'm
kind of looking for something a bit more bare-bones than Unity/Gnome 3.

i primarily do python/php and am looking for something that'll make that
life as easy as possible, especially should i run into problems.

let me know!

thanks,

Brett Neese
563-210-3459