[Cialug] Gnome 3 mouse device

Matt matt at itwannabe.com
Fri Aug 22 21:47:21 CDT 2014

xorg.conf isn't actually gone... It just isn't generally needed anymore.  In the absence of xorg.conf, X will detect and generate its own configuration at runtime.  You can still create an xorg.conf, place it in /etc/X11, and have it function the way it always had in the past.

If you do decide to create an xorg.conf file, search Google for the way that you can have X spit out its auto-generated xorg.conf file.  Then you can edit the generated config to add your trackball line.

-- Matt (N0BOX)

Sent from my iPod Touch 5G