[Cialug] Gnome 3 mouse device

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Aug 22 18:59:59 CDT 2014

Just upgraded my primary workstation to 13.1 (SuSE), .. when I upgraded to
12.1 some years ago, xorg.conf was gone, so I came with  and I find that
my mouse trick that worked in 12.3 is broken:

xinput set-button-map "ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse" 2 1 3 5 4 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Apparently, the various mouse profiles, a la "ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer
Mouse" are not available.

Any pointers on how to configure a trackball in Gnome 3, .. most
imporantly how to identify what device is identified and/or what profiles
are available would be greatly appreciated.

	TIA!

	Lee