[Cialug] Cialug Digest, Vol 101, Issue 11

Moder John II Lee jmoder at me.com
Fri Sep 20 21:18:34 CDT 2013

Ok, I think I am missing something very basic here, so please bear with me...

What you are saying is without doing a "Split Horizon" DNS on the OSX box there is no way for me to ping a box on my local network by hostname?

That just doesn't make sense to me.  The OSX box has an A record for the CENTOS1 box, why would godaddy need one for me to ping it on my local network?  I understand if I want to reach the box from the outside that godaddy would need a record, but shouldn't my local DNS be resolved locally when is has the record, and only be forwarded when the record isn't there?

John
John is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.