[Cialug] Internet access

John Lengeling john.lengeling at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 09:36:09 CDT 2013

I moved to out of Des Moines about 30 miles and into rural area.   I used
to have a Qwest (who ever they are called now...) DSL.  I had 7mbit
down/1.5 up.  I think that all DSL will have asymmetric speeds.   Using
Verizon Home Fusion which uses 4G LTE and I am seeing 10 mbit down/10 mbit
up.    The caps suck thou.   10G/20G/30G caps with $10/1G overage.   If you
can live with the caps, it works pretty well.

I do a lot of remote access Linux admin work to Oregon, China, Malaysia and
India so I am more concerned about latency versus raw upload speeds.