[Cialug] Links List from tonight's meeting

Theron Conrey theron at conrey.org
Thu Nov 21 10:39:42 CST 2013

was digging this am and I also wanted to add this.  During the
conversation we talked about a GUI for openvswitch.  I mentioned that i
didn't think there was one... I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong
this am:

http://www.linux-kvm.com/content/using-open-vswitch-fedora-17

If you check out that article there are tools you can use, I'll let you
know how they work, I'm going to try and complete my demo box with
openZFS, Openvswitch, KVM, virt-manager, and if I can get another box
close enough, a distributed storage backend.

While this isn't a terribly exciting configuration, it provides a
robust lab layer that more exciting configurations can be nested
(openstack, riak-cs, vmware stuff) on top of.  The openvswitch features
are going to open up a ton of testing options that I hadn't even
considered before.

If you've got questions or want me to do a demo at an upcoming meeting,
let me know.

-theron